ydtkydyk

ydtkydyk

Dominik Balenda – Track and Field

Q: Where did you commit and for what sport?

A: “I committed to Grand Valley State University for track and field.”

Q: What led you to make this decision to play a sport in college?

A: “Sophomore year, I made it to state in the 4x400m relay with my team, and ever since then, I grew such a passion for the sport that I just wanted to keep competing with different teammates. [I wanted to] keep continuing the journey that I love with the sport that I love in the future. I had the opportunity to do such a thing with Grande Valley, and I decided to take it.”

Q: Why did you choose this college?

A: “The coach had such a warm and welcoming personality. When we met him and throughout the entire visit the coach made me feel super welcome. To be honest, Grand Valley felt like home when he was just letting me tour the campus. I loved it.”

Q: What are you looking forward to about playing a sport in college next year?

A: “I’m looking forward to it. I hope I’ll be able to run some meets, I really hope I could maybe be on one of their national relays that hopefully go to nationals. I really hoped I could win a couple too, maybe get some All-American titles with the team. But I also can’t wait to meet new people from different states as well.”

Q: Who do you have to thank for helping you on this journey for your athletic career?

A: “I definitely have to start with my parents for motivating me to keep me motivated and keep supporting me along the way. I would also have to say thank you to Owen and Mark, especially for telling me to do track in eighth grade and kept telling me ‘Dom, do it freshman year. Dom, do it sophomore year.’ Thanks to Coach Collier, my coaches, as well as the student coaches.”

ProspectorNow • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in