While I was browsing through Pinterest in the Health & Fitness section, and pining workouts to my Health board, for the day that I’m feeling inspired enough to actually do one of the workouts I’ve collected on my board (a day that I know will probably never come), I came across a recipe for Banana oatmeal pancakes. These 64 calorie (per pancake) pancakes are a perfect way to satisfy your pancake craving without having to feel guilty afterwards.
This recipe makes a dozen medium-sized pancakes.
– 1 ¼ cup old fashioned oats
– ½ cup whole wheat flour
– 2 tsp. baking powder
– ½ tsp. sea salt (you can use regular salt instead if you prefer)
– 1 ½ cups milk
– 2 ripe bananas
1) Blend all the ingredients together in a blender, except for the bananas.
2) Add in bananas, and blend all the ingredients together until the batter is smooth.
3) Pour the batter onto a hot griddle or pan that is slightly oiled.
4) Cook and flip the pancakes until they are cooked and fluffy.
5) Add maple syrup or peanut butter and fresh fruit on top, and enjoy!
For a video walk-through of this recipe, follow this link to our instagram – http://instagram.com/p/i490LjkCtv/