Jan+Pacini

Jan Pacini

Q: How long have you worked at Prospect?

A: “Probably a total of 26 years.”

Q: Why did you decide to work at Prospect?

A: “Well, I got very lucky. I had gotten back into working by just subbing in District 211.” 

Q: Do you think you made the right decision by being a Prospect teacher?

A: “Oh, yeah. A lot of dedication, you know, a lot of inner communication with the staff and just a lot of care for the kids and that sort of thing.”

Q: What would you say you enjoyed most about being a math teacher?

A: “Well, I think the kids make a huge difference. I mean, you can put a spin all you want on how you present it and try to make it understandable to them and maybe a bit fun. But I think the kids’ personalities and reactions to them daily are huge for any teacher.  I mean, I think that makes it worthwhile.”

Q: How would you describe your experience working here? 

A: “Well, teaching keeps you busy. But working here has just been a very positive experience, and the people in your department that care about you and there’s just a lot of caring, amongst the rest of the staff.”

Q: What is your favorite memory you have made at Prospect?

A: “When I was with the math team, we would always do concessions once for one football game. So I can remember when they were in the state playoffs, and they were doing so well, and you couldn’t even walk around here.” 

Q: Are you sad about leaving Prospect?

A: “It’s bittersweet, but I’m so busy, I kind of don’t notice it.” 

Q: Do you plan to travel during your retirement?

A: “Well, we probably will travel but maybe not right away. We just kind of plan on just taking up and leaving and when we want to do something, we’ll probably go out and see the Cubs spring training next year.”

Q: What will you do with your free time in retirement?

A: “There’s things I’ve always done, you know, gardening around the house, that sort of thing.”

Q: What kind of legacy do you want to leave here?

A: “There’s so many things that people do well here and just a lot of positive things. I would just think that you know I worked hard and that I tried to give some enjoyment in my classrooms.”

Q: Do you have any advice for high school students who are navigating through high school?

A: “Keep an open mind and get involved. There may be things that you don’t think you’d enjoy, just kind of make an attempt and try it out and get some enjoyment out of high school other than your work.”

ProspectorNow • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in