35 °
    34 °
    33 °
    33 °
    33 °
    34 °
    35 °
    37 °
    37 °
    38 °
    38 °
    38 °
    37 °
    37 °
    36 °
    35 °
    34 °
    33 °
    32 °
    31 °
    30 °
    30 °
    29 °
    28 °
    28 °
38°/ 31°
39°/ 27°
51°/ 32°
43°/ 34°
42°/ 30°
47°/ 36°

'Inside Out' may have you feeling good, but it’s rough ahead for PIXAR

By Garrett Strother (@StrotherGarrett)garrett
The return to the school year means the reconcentration of 2000 entitled teenagers jammed into one building, each preaching a greater encroachment on their rights and happiness than the next. But there is one injustice that children of our generation have suffered for over a decade, and have just recently learned that it will be remedied.
We are finally getting a sequel to “The Incredibles.
On August 14, when PIXAR released the official lineup for their next six films, we got our first glimpse of the untitled “Incredibles” sequel’s poster.
I, unsurprisingly, am incredibly (ha) excited for the assuredly triumphant return of the Parr family to the silver screen. However, that victory is bittersweet. And another injustice stands between the anticipating masses and the sequel that has been denied to us 11 years and counting.
That abomination is called “The Good Dinosaur.”
PIXAR has had some missteps in the past, but only when they’ve been trying something truly outside the box. (The obvious exception to this is the “Cars” franchise, but, hey, even PIXAR needs a little extra cashflow sometimes). But, otherwise, PIXAR is a pretty unstoppable force.
This new PIXAR film that will be slamming into theaters this Thanksgiving lacks the outside-of-the-box creativity great PIXAR movies are made of and also the ability to merchandise everything in the film that “Cars” movies are made of.
The plot focuses on a young, and presumably good, dinosaur named Arlo that befriends a young human boy. That plot is familiar because it happens to be the perfect meshing of the plot of this “Ice Age” movie and this “Ice Age” movie.
Some may say that while the plot may be lacking it could still visually stunning. Hey, it’s PIXAR after all.
Those people should watch the trailer.
The dinosaurs act like ragdolls on strings, moving more like an early “Toy Story” screen test than anything remotely close to the gorgeous world “Inside Out” brought us.
On top of their feather-like movement, they are all too smooth. Rex from “Toy Story” had more texture, and he was rendered 20 years ago.
To be fair, the third-highest grossing movie of all time that also came out this year was rife with dino inaccuracies.
And really, you think they’d have it down by now since this movie has been in production  for forever.
But, if the “Incredibles” sequel is too far away to get excited for just yet, you can look at the PIXAR lineup here.