35 °
    34 °
    33 °
    33 °
    33 °
    34 °
    35 °
    37 °
    37 °
    38 °
    38 °
    38 °
    37 °
    37 °
    36 °
    35 °
    34 °
    33 °
    32 °
    31 °
    30 °
    30 °
    29 °
    28 °
    28 °
38°/ 31°
39°/ 27°
51°/ 32°
43°/ 34°
42°/ 30°
47°/ 36°

Loki still alive? Spoilers and Secrets about the MCU

By Anthony Santangelo, sports editor
(This opinion piece contains spoilers***)
The Marvel Universe was turned completely upside down after the result of Avengers Infinity War Part I. So many beloved heroes gone because of “the snap” that so many fans thought would never happen. It just goes to show that the final Avengers movie is going to be the biggest showing for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) due to the catastrophic loss at the end of Infinity War Part I.
At the end of Thor Ragnarok, Asgard is destroyed with Thor, Hulk and Loki escaping in a ship along with the rest of the Asgardian people. In the ending credit of the movie, a ginormous, extraterrestrial spacecraft is seen ascending into the view of the miniscule ship that is carrying Thor and his people. The beginning of Infinity War starts off with this scene.
Thor, Loki, Hulk and Heimdall are the only survivors on board their ship when the movie begins. As Thanos and the Black Order make their way onto the screen, it does’t take long for Loki to conjure up a plan to try and kill Thanos. Unfortunately Loki dies a rather gruesome death, but I am here to tell you that he is not dead.
Loki is the God of Mischief which is a fitting title considering he has faked his death and was able to pull off impersonating Odin for several years (Thor’s father and Loki’s adopted father). For him to fake his death a second time would not be a surprise.
Also, the way he attempted to kill Thanos is rather odd. After pretending to side with Thanos, Loki attempts to stab him in the neck with his left hand. This is strange because in Thor and other movies, Loki is seen using his right hand for combat.
The most telling sign that he is not dead is within the movie itself. At one point while Thanos is holding Loki by the neck, the viewer is able to make out a shadowy image of, what looks to be, a person watching from the distance. Everybody else is out of the picture, so the odds of Loki making another appearance in the MCU is very likely.
Many people are still distraught with the conclusion of Infinity War, but they don’t realize that “the snap” was the only possible outcome. At one point during the film, Dr. Strange mentions that he will save the time stone (one of the six infinity stones) even if it means that Tony Stark (Iron Man) or Peter Parker (Spider-Man) have to die.
This later comes into play because Thanos ends up stabbing Stark through the gut. I was trying hard to hold back tears at this point, but Dr. Strange tells Thanos that he will give him the time stone in replace for Stark’s life. This is the exact thing he promised not to do earlier in the movie. I was puzzled at this choice because, at this point, Thanos is one step closer to wiping out half the universe.
Prior to Thanos getting the time stone on Titan (Thanos’ home planet), Dr. Strange went into the future and saw 14 million different outcomes. There was only one possible outcome where the Avengers ended up defeating Thanos. The only reasonable answer for Dr. Strange’s move is that Stark needed to survive in order for the Avengers to stand any sort of chance against Thanos. Iron Man is going to be a big player in this final movie, and the outcome for the Avengers could not be any more anticipated, especially with the introduction of Captain Marvel.