Zoo Club Back in Action this Semester

Zoo Club Back in Action this Semester

February 4, 2022

Nick Delboccio had ran Zoo Club for 12 years. Now, he is starting the club back up after the club fell apart  in 2016 due to prior students graduating. He is excited for this semester, as they have a quantity of activities planed from now until the end of the school year. 

The club is gearing up this semester for a big field trip to Big Run Wolf Ranch and Brookfield Zoo on Apr. 27. The club will also have two live animal shows at Prospect,  where a company will bring in animals to the school for a hands-on presentation.

Zoo club not only offers students opportunities to see and interact with animals, but the ability to learn to care for animals as well as career opportunities.

“Zoo Club is a club focused on students who love animals,” Delbaccio said. “It focuses on getting kids the opportunity to see live animals, learn more about careers working with animals as well as animal conservation” 

According to Delbaccio there will be a variety of animals that the club will be having over this semester. The classroom pets include Pikachu the Chinchilla, Butterscotch the Butter, Pastel Ball Python, Loki the Bearded Dragon, Pepper the Syrian Hamster and Noah the Columbian Red Tail Boa Constrictor.

With so many animals, students will also have the opportunity to adopt a pet and learn how to take care of them. That way  in the future students can  see what it is like to have a pet of that species if they ever are considering acquiring a new companion.  

If you are interested the club, it meets two Mondays a month from 3-3:30 at room 322. Sign up and information is all virtual. Students can sign up for activities on Schoology with the code 4TSS-T9THW. The club meets next on Feb. 7.