35 °
    34 °
    33 °
    33 °
    33 °
    34 °
    35 °
    37 °
    37 °
    38 °
    38 °
    38 °
    37 °
    37 °
    36 °
    35 °
    34 °
    33 °
    32 °
    31 °
    30 °
    30 °
    29 °
    28 °
    28 °
38°/ 31°
39°/ 27°
51°/ 32°
43°/ 34°
42°/ 30°
47°/ 36°

Taxi KAB fashions

By Katie Best
Executive In-Depth Editor
The softness of fabrics tickle fingertips, the bright lights showcase the vibrant colors around the store, the smell of linen fills nostrils while the rustle of clothing floats through ears. Fashion literally touches every aspect of your senses. It can effect mood and showcase individuality at its finest. It changes and evolves faster than we do as people. In the words of Coco Chanel, “Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening.”
 I try to live by Chanel’s words everyday. I express myself through my fashion choices and the way I portray myself. Style is not something that can be bought, or taught for that matter; it has to be discovered. My style is a cross between vintage prep with some boho chic thrown in. This is my individual style (As Chanel would say, “I don’t do fashion, I AM fashion”). Style is unique to each individual person. I can’t teach someone style because I’m not them. However, I can give people a few tips on how to find their style and be fashionable. 
 Which brings us the topic of my first(!) fashion post: Back to Fall Basics.
Fall is my favorite season simply because the range of fashion is so large. You can’t necassarily wear shorts and a tank top, but you can throw on a skirt or a dress with a pair of flats or my favorite— oxfords. Generally,when it comes to fall, I stick to a few basics: loose, drapey sweaters, a pair of chic oxfords, slim fitting skinny jeans, eye-catching tees and a flattering dress. With these basics, you can mix and match, but you can also add some of your own touches: earrings, rings, even a cute scarf or a pair of heels; Whatever floats your boat.
 Normally for fall, the color scheme consists of dark colors and neutrals, but this fall, I plan on throwing in some vibrant touches. Now, I’m not saying wearing neon yellow in the middle of winter is OK, because it isn’t. It’s not even an acceptable color in general (I’m looking at you, Lee DeWyze shirts). But an occasional orange sweater (such as this) to spice things up is a definite win.
Another must-have basic for fall is a leather cross body bag. They are simple and classic, and generally are large enough to hold everything you need. I recently bought a bag similar to this, and while I spent a decent chunk of my paycheck on it, it was worth every penny. That’s another thing about fashion; Don’t be afraid to spend some moola on a classic piece that will last for years and always be in style.
So, let’s review: 

• Stick to basics: skinny jeans, oxfords, fashionably cute sweaters, flattering dresses and flashy tees.
  • Add your own touches! Anything to make your style unique.
  • Neutrals + the occasional vibrant touch= your fall colors.
  • Cross body bags are back!

So, if there is one thing I want you to remember from today’s style lesson, it is that style is forever, and finding your own unique look is important. In the words of Alexander McQueen, “Clothes and jewelry should be startling, individual.”

Ciao!