35 °
    34 °
    33 °
    33 °
    33 °
    34 °
    35 °
    37 °
    37 °
    38 °
    38 °
    38 °
    37 °
    37 °
    36 °
    35 °
    34 °
    33 °
    32 °
    31 °
    30 °
    30 °
    29 °
    28 °
    28 °
38°/ 31°
39°/ 27°
51°/ 32°
43°/ 34°
42°/ 30°
47°/ 36°

82 happy thoughts, thought three

By Miranda Holloway
Executive Online Editor
As a junior I am a member of the 500 something most stressed out people in school. Not only am I a junior but I am a student, along with about 2100 other kids, at one of the top ten high schools in the state and while the stress at any school can get rough, everyone knows that the pressure can be intense  the workload can be high.  So in the spirit of staying sane, I have started this blog to remind my fellow knights, and myself for that matter, to stop and smell the roses, take a walk in the park or watch a funny movie; essentially want everyone to take a deep breath and smile. Inspired by the website 1000awesomethings.com, I will be posting this blog twice a week until the the end to the school year, 82 times in all, about things that are meant to make you grin. Happy moments, enjoyable memories, blissful feelings; you name it, I’ll post it. Overallrelax and think happy thoughts.
Thought #3- Sleeping In

I would consider myself a morning person (or as much of a morning person as a teenager can be). Waking up early is not that big of deal to me, I can bounce out of bed and get ready in as little as ten minutes and I sometimes bug my friends with my relative pep in the hallways before school.

This being said, I do have limits on what is an acceptable time to get up in the morning. For instance, on three consecutive days this week I woke up before the sun came up, which, in my book, is completely unacceptable. Understandably, Thursday’s nine- thirty late start has been a welcome and much anticipated event this week.

There is something oddly satisfying about setting an alarm clock a little later. Maybe it’s that assurance of a little more sleep or the promise of not be jolted awake by the perpetually unwelcome buzz of the alarm clock but something about seeing the time on the alarm creep even a little bit later provides some strangely fulfilling feeling.

And this is just the night before.

One of the true states of pure joy, to me at least, is being well rested. Waking up to the sun (gasp!), the chirping of birds and the ability to get ready at a leisurely pace is complete bliss.

Everything is a little bit brighter when you and your classmates are well rested. Everyone is more friendly, has a better sense of humor, performs better in class, and from personal experience much more alert to their surroundings.

In short, everyone is a little more, well, happy.