35 °
    34 °
    33 °
    33 °
    33 °
    34 °
    35 °
    37 °
    37 °
    38 °
    38 °
    38 °
    37 °
    37 °
    36 °
    35 °
    34 °
    33 °
    32 °
    31 °
    30 °
    30 °
    29 °
    28 °
    28 °
38°/ 31°
39°/ 27°
51°/ 32°
43°/ 34°
42°/ 30°
47°/ 36°

Taxi KAB fashions

alexander mcqueenBy Katie Best
Executive In-Depth Editor
Alexander McQueen is the king of the fashion industry. His ideas are innovative, creative, and ultimately, other-worldly. They amaze, inspire, and make the jaws drop of those who encounter his work.
That is, until he committed suicide in2010. McQueen was found dead in his flat in London just days after his mother’s death, and since then, the fashion industry has not been the same.
 But the point of this post isn’t to depress and mourn the death of one of the kings of fashion, it is to celebrate his life. 
So, in order to celebrate his life, I am going to post my top five of his creations and why they are, in lack of a better word, AWESOME.
 And here we go!:
1). Look 26 from McQueen’s Spring/Summer 2010: I love the elegant silhouette and the crazy patterns. The colors remind me of a butterfly. Personally, I think this dress would be flattering on almost anyone, and is perfect for a day out or a night on the town.

2).Look 10 from McQueen’s Spring/Summer 2010: This dress is my ideal prom/ red carpet dress. The sweetheart neckline is feminine and refined, and the cinch at the waist creates an elegant flow towards the floor. Not only is the dress beautiful, but the colors remind me of a spring rose.

3). “Oyster” Dress, Irere, Spring/Summer 2003: This is one of my absolute favorites because not only is the dress a fashion statement, but it is also a work of art. Its layers flow to the floor in heaps of silk, and it embodies the inside of an oyster with style and color.
4).Dress, Highland Rape,autumn/winter 1995-1996: This dress is a work of art. It reminds me of something a fairy would wear because it is so delicate, pure and mythical looking.
5). Dress, VOSS, spring/summer 2001: This is probably one of McQueen’s most famous dresses and what he embodies entirely. The ingenuity, creativity and pure elegance in this dress says it all. The vibrant red and black clash, but in a good way. The feathers look like a fiery Phoenix and encases the art which McQueen designed and lived for. 

… So that’s it. My top five of Alexander McQueen. While he deserves so much more recognition than this silly little blog, it’s a start. The man ended his life too early, and made us miss out on years of pure AWESOMENESS. So, Mr. McQueen, this is for you! Hope you enjoy it.