35 °
    34 °
    33 °
    33 °
    33 °
    34 °
    35 °
    37 °
    37 °
    38 °
    38 °
    38 °
    37 °
    37 °
    36 °
    35 °
    34 °
    33 °
    32 °
    31 °
    30 °
    30 °
    29 °
    28 °
    28 °
38°/ 31°
39°/ 27°
51°/ 32°
43°/ 34°
42°/ 30°
47°/ 36°

Emmy's Emmys: Best Mystery Writers

By Emmy Lindfors
Managing Editor
When thinking of a mystery show, people can assume three things about the plot: 1. There will be some sort of crime (usually a murder). 2. The detectives and any of their consultants will work on solving it. 3. They will catch the bad guy in the end.
Even if a show follows this formula, there is no guarantee that they will be successful in an episode that glues its viewers’ eyes to the TV screen.
What makes this work, is the creative writers who come up with the unique crime. Basically meaning, not just a person being shot in an alley, but a person being shot in an alley by bullets that spell something, an example taken from the mystery show that has the best writers, “Castle.”
Obviously, one would hope that “Castle” would have great writing. It is about a writer after all.
For those of you who do not know, “Castle” is about a writer, Richard Castle, who consults on New York Police Homicides for research on his book whose main character was inspired by Detective Kate Beckett. Castle often comes up with extraordinary theories which stems from his writer background, proving only one of the many points why “Castle” writers know how to write an elaborate mystery.
In the latest episode, Castle and Beckett must investigate a man who fell from a hotel room window.
Upon entering the hotel room to look for clues, Castle immediately begins creating one of his theories, triggered by the serenading music coming from an iPod dock. As the case progresses, Castle’s theory grows into this elaborate one where the man murdered has a secret identity, multiple lovers, and is involved in a secret operation similar to one a CIA agent would be involved in.
What makes this show great is that Castle’s theories are usually right…to some extent. For this episode, his theory came true in each part of his theories, just tweaked a little. (Spoiler alert) The mystery panned out being that the man murder did have a secret identity to help in steal information from a rival company they were in a lawsuit with (the secret operation). The man also had multiple lovers because, on the side, he was a pick up artist.
Just on the fact that the writers of the show could come up with a theory like this shows how much they deserve Emmy’s Emmys award for Best Mystery writers.
To watch the writers’ incredible work come to life, click here for the full episode.

Dr. Sayoran tests the blood found on a statue of Abraham Lincoln in one of Washington, D.C.'s museums. This season "Bones" writers did not only write in a baby, but they are introducing their viewers to an extremely intelligent serial killer.

Side note: As mentioned in a previous Emmy’s Emmys, it was said that now is the time to jump into watching the crime-fighting series, “Bones.” Well after this week NOW is even more the best time to jump in. “Bones” is introducing a new incredibly intelligent (he or she’s intelligence is past the government’s level) serial killer.
The first episode which aired Thursday displayed a bloody skull and spine underneath a bloody Abraham Lincoln statue which said “Where’s the rest of me?” in human blood. The spine was taken apart and reordered to spell out a code to find the rest of the body. In addition, the serial killer hacked the FBI’s radios and hospitals in the surrounding area to dispose of a body before it could be thoroughly examined. To make it even more juicier, Booth and Sweets (Booth’s new partner and FBI psychologist) think they found the man responsible, but he wears an ankle bracelet. However, viewers get the idea that his man is not very innocent.
With the introduction of the serial killer, “Bones” is becoming even more addicting than ever, and props to the writers for coming up with this new storyline.