35 °
    34 °
    33 °
    33 °
    33 °
    34 °
    35 °
    37 °
    37 °
    38 °
    38 °
    38 °
    37 °
    37 °
    36 °
    35 °
    34 °
    33 °
    32 °
    31 °
    30 °
    30 °
    29 °
    28 °
    28 °
38°/ 31°
39°/ 27°
51°/ 32°
43°/ 34°
42°/ 30°
47°/ 36°

35 Happy thoughts, thought 20

Hello there, my name is Miranda Holloway, and as a junior I am a member of the 500 something most stressed out people in school. Not only am I a junior but I am a student, along with about 2100 other kids, at one of the top ten high schools in the state and while the stress at any school can get rough, everyone knows that the pressure can be intense and the workload can be high. So in the spirit of staying sane, I have started this blog to remind my fellow knights, and myself for that matter, to stop and smell the roses, take a walk in the park or watch a funny movie; essentially want everyone to take a deep breath and smile. Inspire d by the website 1000awesomethings.com, I will be posting this blog once a week until the the end to the school year, 35 times in all, about things that are meant to make you grin. Happy moments, enjoyable memories, blissful feelings; you name it, I’ll post it. So, overall, take a minute to just relax and think happy thoughts. 
Thought #20- LOL Cats
    I have a future in being a crazy cat lady.   If there was a college major for cat ladies, I would sign up in a heart beat.
    O.K., I’m not that bad (I have equal feeling about dogs), but I do love my cat— close to unhealthy amount. I love him even more when he does silly things:  i.e sneezing violently, attacking a cardboard box, collecting gift wrap bows or stalking and attacking my sister.
    That last one’s my favorite.

Seriously though, he’s a cutie. Granted I do have a scar on my arm from where he scratched me and I think my sister is developing Ailurophobia, but when he acts like a goof I just can’t help but love him.

Some of the things he does are so ridiculous that I can’t help but wonder what the heck is going through his mind.
    For example, my family buys Diet Coke in the little plastic bottles which are held together by  little plastic rings. We keep them on the floor by the refrigerator until there is room for them in my house   . Gibbs, my interesting little cat, has taken to chewing on the plastic that holds them together. he doesn’t just take little bites, he goes at it. He rips them apart and then   drags them like his kill to the other end of the house.
    Why? Who knows. We always cut the rings anyway (they can kill sea life if dumped in the ocean)  so maybe he is just helping us out. Maybe he is an environmentally friendly feline.    Bottom line is he’s weird.
    Whatever he is thinking, it’s probably more interesting than most T.V. He would be prime time, Emmy winning material.
    I’m not the only one though, there is an entire web site devoted to interperting the kitty cat mind. For the dork in you, I also suggest Chemistry Cat, who my dad, a high school science teacher, gets a kick out of.
    My dear friend Carly surprised me one day with a series of text messaged containing some of these goofy pictures. It brightened my day, to say the least. Since then, I’ve been hooked.
    Here I hope to do the same for you with the following album.