35 °
    34 °
    33 °
    33 °
    33 °
    34 °
    35 °
    37 °
    37 °
    38 °
    38 °
    38 °
    37 °
    37 °
    36 °
    35 °
    34 °
    33 °
    32 °
    31 °
    30 °
    30 °
    29 °
    28 °
    28 °
38°/ 31°
39°/ 27°
51°/ 32°
43°/ 34°
42°/ 30°
47°/ 36°

Fall fashion guide

By Aungelina Dahm
Executive Sports Editor|
10. pearl earrings – Pearl earrings have been in style for a while now, but it is even more so in style now. You can’t go around the school without seeing a girl with pearl studs in her ears. Buy them at Wet Seal in a 6-piece floral earring set for $7.50.
9. oversized denim button ups – Oversized everything is in this season. Fall is the best time to be cute but casual. Oversized denim button up tops with a pair of leggings, combat boots and a scarf is the most seen outfit this time of year. Get one today at Carson’s! They’re on sale in the juniors section for $24.00. Also, don’t be afraid to buy one in the men’s section. At Kohl’s they’re on sale in the men’s section for $21.99.
8. North Face – I’m not a big fan of jackets in the winter. They’re too bulky and way too ugly to even be seen in public with. A North Face is the perfect answer. It’s a lightweight fleece and can come in many different colors. Although they’re a little pricey, they’re totally worth it. Luckily, every time my sister and one of her ex-boyfriends would break up, they would leave their North Face. So now I have four for the price of one! Dick’s is the most common place for them and has the most inventory for a price of $99.
7. combat boots – They’ve been worn with high waisted shorts during the summer, but during the fall these come in high demand. They are pricy, but they are worth it. Depending on the brand, I’ve seen the interior fabric come in plaid blue, a checkered red, or just an all over black and gray cotton mixture. They’re comfy yet stylish, and you don’t want to be caught without them this season. I got mine at JCPenney for $50 – the cheapest I could find. They’re available in brown or black, so put them on your Christmas list, or go buy them now!
6. noodies – These babies have brought me so much comfort this season. Available to buy even here at Prospect, these are the comfortable sweaters, but without the very uncomfortable and useless hoods. Cute to wear with either jeans, leggings or even yogas, these can be an everyday fashion item. Match it with a pair of combat boots too and you’re good to go! Here they range from $10-$15, and at Walgreens you can get a plain one for $5, and maybe dress it up with a scarf! They’re available pretty much anywhere under $20. Don’t miss out!
5. knitted sweater – Everyone knows it’s fall when you see a girl wearing a knitted sweater. These can come in a variety of styles, colors and fabrics. Sold everywhere, it matches with everything, too. Whether you wear them with yogas, leggings or jeans, you can fancy them up with a cute necklace or scarf. They range from $14-$30 at Wet Seal.
4. fuzzy socks – For some reason, I have noticed this trend more and more this season. All around the school, girls are wearing leggings with uggs and a pair of cute fuzzy socks sticking out of the top. Personally, I love it. It’s the cutest and comfiest little hint of fashion down near the feet, which doesn’t happen very often. Wet Seal has a variety of styles and colors of pairs of fuzzy socks for only $3.50.
3. uggs – OK, pretty much every girl everywhere has a pair of UGGs, or at least a fake kind. The fake kinds aren’t even worth it by the way. I would say that these are a necessity for fall but I just think that if you don’t already know that they are, you need to double-check yourself. Bottom line, UGGs are easily the number one thing you need to have for fall to match with every outfit you have. At The Walking Company in Woodfield, they range from $99-$300 depending on the style.
2. leggings – If anyone knows me, they know I have a passionate hatred against jeans. I wear them maybe once a month and when I do, people act like it’s a miracle. It is. I own around five pairs of leggings, one for every school day of course. I love that you can buy them literally anywhere you go and they’re always cheap. Except for at PINK, because every girl knows that you can’t find something there for under $30. Some places like Charlotte Russe and Ragstock also have really adorable special designs on them and are available in a variety of colors. The fancy ones are around $18.99 at Charlotte Russe, and the plain ones are $8.99.
1. scarf – There is so much variety in scarves. They could be tied into so many different styles and matched with pretty much anything. That’s what I love about them. I can be wearing a noodie, leggings and UGGs and a scarf will turn my hobo into a gogo. At Target, they come in a variety of colors, styles and fabrics that range from $7-$15.

To read Katie Best’s TaxiKab, click here!