35 °
    34 °
    33 °
    33 °
    33 °
    34 °
    35 °
    37 °
    37 °
    38 °
    38 °
    38 °
    37 °
    37 °
    36 °
    35 °
    34 °
    33 °
    32 °
    31 °
    30 °
    30 °
    29 °
    28 °
    28 °
38°/ 31°
39°/ 27°
51°/ 32°
43°/ 34°
42°/ 30°
47°/ 36°

Hollywood Knights

A rundown of the Knightimes activities for this week
Homecoming hallway decorations for Knightimes. (Photo courtesy of Mary Robinson)

Prospect High School’s annual homecoming dance is this Saturday September 23rd. The theme this year is Hollywood Knights. There are many Hollywood themed decorations and activities as well as annual Prospect traditions to look forward to this week. 

To start off the week, the theme for Monday is lazy day. Students should come to school dressed in comfy clothes or pajamas. The activity for Monday night is the backyard bash. The backyard bash is going to be in the George Gattas Stadium from 6:30pm – 8:30pm. The backyard bash will have food trucks, inflatables, and music. 

On Tuesday, come to school in your best jersey, but for seniors it is toga Tuesday! That night Prospects Got Talent will be in the theater. Prospects Got Talent is a variety show where students are able to show off their talents to their peers, teachers, and families. Student tickets cost 5 dollars. Michael Piccoli is the coordinator of Prospects Got Talent. 

“I think the best thing about PGT is it offers [the] kids that may not be traditionally represented in some of the homecoming activities an opportunity to shine and be a part of the prospect experience.” Piccoli said.

Represent your class on Wednesday by wearing your class color! Seniors are wearing orange, juniors are wearing yellow, sophomores are wearing green, and freshmen are wearing red. Keep the class spirit up for Prospect Games that night in the fieldhouse.  Prospect games are from 7pm – 8:30pm. Students represent their class by competing in a series of games. Even if you aren’t competing you can come and cheer on your classmates to hopefully win the Prospect Games trophy.

Heading towards the end of the week on Thursday the theme is tropical vs. denim day. That night the movie 10 Things I Hate About You is being shown in the fieldhouse. The movie starts at 7:00pm and goes till 9:00pm. Students can bring their own blankets and snacks to share with friends during the movie. 

Finally after the long week of fun dress up days and activities Friday is the day that everyone has been waiting for. The theme is big blue Friday. Everybody should come to school wearing blue or Prospect gear. There is a line of homecoming games after school. The varsity soccer game starts at 4:45pm. Doors open for the football game at 6:00. Students can come to George Gattas Stadium for the powder toss. For the powder toss students have the opportunity to take pictures with their friends before the varsity football game starts. After the powder toss students can head to the stands for the varsity football game against Rolling Meadows High School at 7:00. 

Saturday is the homecoming dance! The doors for the dance open at 7:00. Students should bring their ID with them to the dance and tickets should be purchased online on GoFan. The attire is semi-formal. The dance goes till 10pm in the field house, but there will also be a lounge area. 

Students should bring their ID’s to all events and keep up with Prospect social media to stay informed. Try to participate in all the themes and games to have a great Hollywood Knight Homecoming week!