35 °
    34 °
    33 °
    33 °
    33 °
    34 °
    35 °
    37 °
    37 °
    38 °
    38 °
    38 °
    37 °
    37 °
    36 °
    35 °
    34 °
    33 °
    32 °
    31 °
    30 °
    30 °
    29 °
    28 °
    28 °
38°/ 31°
39°/ 27°
51°/ 32°
43°/ 34°
42°/ 30°
47°/ 36°

Prospect's Postseason Rundown: Week 4

fusfusa
fusfusa

Football

Upcoming: Second Round of IHSA Playoffs at Rolling Meadows High School Nov. 8 @7 p.m.

Recap: The Knights beat the Dekalb Barbs 55-53 in a shootout. The teams combined for over 1,000 yards of offense and the first possession not resulting in a touchdown came late in the second quarter. The game ended when Dekalb’s 2-point conversion to tie the game with seven seconds remaining failed. Prospect will face Rolling Meadows in the second round, a rematch from the regular season that the Mustangs won.

Girls Cross Country

Upcoming Round: State in Peoria on Nov. 9.

Recap: Prospect won Sectionals behind a strong team effort, led by Freshman Cam Kalaway and Sophomore Audrey Ginsburg. Kalaway ran a 18:49.6 and Ginsburg ran a 18:49.8. The team runs in the State meet in Peoria on Nov. 9.

Boys Cross Country

Recap: The team comfortably advanced to Sectionals, finishing third out of a required finish in the top six to advance. Erik Snell placed first for the Knights at Regionals and fifth overall at the meet, running a time of 15:47.0.  The team was eliminated in the Sectional round.

Girls Volleyball

Recap: After winning the first set, the Knights lost the next two sets by just two points and three points each, ending their season. The team finished second in the MSL East.

Boys Soccer

Recap: After a thrilling first round upset over Niles West, the Knights fell to third seeded Evanston in the Regional Final. Prospect, led by an early Eryk Limanowka goal, forced overtime and then a penalty shootout with the sixth seeded Wolves. Jonny Keane scored the winning penalty kick that gave the team the upset. 

Girls Tennis

Recap: After placing second at the conference meet, the Knights finished fourth in their Sectional. The second place finish, the best in over 10 years, was a full-team effort as the Knights had top four finishers in each flight.  

Girls Golf

Recap: Girls Golf placed fourth at the Sectional meet, just one spot out of qualifying for State as a team. Kelly Kavanagh qualified individually, and finished 16th in the state. She shot a 79 round one and a 75 round two at the State meet.

Boys Golf

Recap: After placing third at Regionals, the Knights were eliminated in the Sectional round. Senior Sam Ergastolo had the best round for Prospect, shooting a score of 80. Overall, the team placed 8th at the meet. 

Girls Swim/Dive information coming next week.