35 °
    34 °
    33 °
    33 °
    33 °
    34 °
    35 °
    37 °
    37 °
    38 °
    38 °
    38 °
    37 °
    37 °
    36 °
    35 °
    34 °
    33 °
    32 °
    31 °
    30 °
    30 °
    29 °
    28 °
    28 °
38°/ 31°
39°/ 27°
51°/ 32°
43°/ 34°
42°/ 30°
47°/ 36°

Knights put down the Huskies 35, 20

By Jack Mathews
Executive Sports Editor
After not scoring until two minutes remaining in their game the previous week, the Knights got off to a fast start Friday night when they beat the Huskies at Hersey in their first conference game of the season, 35-20.
Prospect scored on their first possession of the game from a six-yard run by sophomore Sam Mazukelli on fourth down and then Hersey fumbled on their first two snaps of the game. Senior Austin Tixier recovered the second fumble for the Knights on the Huskies own 12-yard line leading to Prospect’s second touchdown of the quarter which was another six-yard touchdown run on fourth down—this time by senior quarterback Sam Frasco.
“The kids really bought into what we were doing this week and when we execute like that on big down plays, we are going to have a lot of success,” head coach Mike Sebestyen said.
The Knights out rushed the Huskies in yards 266 to 30 for the game with Mazukelli and Frasco both rushing for over 100-yards.
Hersey put their first points on the board in the first quarter on a trick play when receiver Justin Jobski took a hand off and then threw it into the end zone to a wide open receiver.
The Knight’s offense would then put up their last points of the game when Frasco ran it from two-yards at the end of the first half.
All three of the Knight’s interceptions came in the second half and two were ran back for touchdowns by senior Mike Etchingham and junior Andrew Hajek.
“The difference in our offense in the first and second half was not that we stopped executing but that [the offense] did not need to be on the field in the second half because our defense kept scoring,” Sebestyen said.
Hersey stayed in the game by scoring two more touchdowns in the second half but their offense stalled on key plays and could not come back.
“We just made big plays on both sides of the ball,” said Frasco. “The offensive line was amazing and our defense was able to take the ball away and put up points.”