35 °
    34 °
    33 °
    33 °
    33 °
    34 °
    35 °
    37 °
    37 °
    38 °
    38 °
    38 °
    37 °
    37 °
    36 °
    35 °
    34 °
    33 °
    32 °
    31 °
    30 °
    30 °
    29 °
    28 °
    28 °
38°/ 31°
39°/ 27°
51°/ 32°
43°/ 34°
42°/ 30°
47°/ 36°

Post-Prom to hold Snowbird Craft Show

By Carly Evans
Features Editor
The Post Prom is sponsoring the 1st Annual Snowbird Craft Show Sunday, Nov. 21, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the field house.  All proceeds go toward defraying the cost of the Post Prom activity: a midnight cruise on the Mystic Blue and bus transportation to and from the event for approximately 600 PHS students.  Post Prom also subsidizes half of the cost of the ticket to keep the cost affordable to students.
“It has been barely seven months and we have built the show from zero to 80+ crafter/vendors,” craft show sponsor, Mary Nyborg said.
snowbird adThe crafter/vendors are a mixture of students, staff, parents and various community members. With 80 vendors thus far.
“We’re about a week away, and we’re still growing,” Nyborg said.
With so many vendors, and more to come, the need for volunteers is increasing. Service Club is helping out with the craft show by providing student volunteers. Despite many students already signing up, there are still shifts that need more help. The shifts that still need more volunteers are the ones from 6 a.m. to 9 a.m. for setup, and 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. for the end of the show.
“We are trying to involve as many Prospect students as possible,” Nyborg said. The Post-Prom committee been very fortunate to receive generous support from many Prospect departments, along with Administration, staff, the Post Prom Faculty Sponsor, Kathy Spicer, as well as the Prospect community and the community at large.
The students who volunteer will receive service hour credit as well as a coupon for a free lunch. Applications are available in the Activities Office.
Although there is more help needed for the actual day of the show, the support for the craft show from the Post Prom committee, school, faculty and community has played a substantial role in getting the word out about the show.
Advertising occurred through traditional print, such as newspapers and signs, through Prospect vehicles, Internet and electronic media, as well.
“The overall goal of the craft show is to build the event over the years so that it eventually raises enough money to equal one year’s cost of running the cruise activity,” Nyborg said.
If students have any questions concerning the craft show, Nyborg can be reached at [email protected]